Wednesday, February 16, 2011

047 - The Day I Got a Free Photography Q & A


February 16, 2011

With only a couple of hours notice from head office, I took photographer Donald Tapan around our Township project. He gamely answered my questions about photography (What is an f/stop?), but what stuck to my head was when I asked him if the kind of camera mattered. His reply: "Some people bring big cameras like Mercedes cars - as status symbols. What matters is not the camera, but the one holding the camera."

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I know a couple of people with really expensive cameras. Di na pang-entry level pero naman, ang kuha parang kuha ng bata haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yan din lagi sinasabi ni hubby. Hindi naman siya professional photographer pero hobby din nya ang photography. Before, D80 cam nya but eversince we bought a point & shoot camera, mas yun pa ginagamit nya and he's still able to produce amazing shots. Dami nga di naniniwala na point & shoot lang gamit nya. So it's true na wala talaga sa ganda ng camera :) Ang dami bumibili expensive cameras lately pero hindi naman alam pano gamitin. Sayang lang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree. I personally know someone who has state of the art DSLR and tons of lenses as well, but when you see his pictures parang, ah OK..practice pa :P

    I also know someone who takes amazing pictures using an iPhone. Some people really have an eye for beauty :D

    ReplyDelete